Salary range circa. L37-43 (£102,159- £117,197)
Gordano School is a very large, over-subscribed secondary school with more than 2,100 students on its roll, including almost 400 in the Sixth Form. The school has grown significantly in the last few years to meet the demand for places from the town of Portishead. Gordano School is a member of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership (LSP), a Multi-Academy Trust.
The Governors and Trustees are seeking to appoint an outstanding and forward-thinking leader to take this large, high-performing and creative school on its next stage of development from September 2022.
We are looking for a leader who has:
- a track record of success in raising standards for young people
- the qualities needed to challenge, motivate and support colleagues to achieve the highest standards
- a vision for educating the whole person
- a personal commitment to inclusion and diversity
- the desire to extend the educational opportunities that a large school can provide
- the skills to network and build alliances across educational settings
- a desire to work collaboratively within the Multi Academy Trust.
We can offer you:
- a school that is already performing well but will need to be constantly renewed
- a culture where students feel safe and valued
- a talented, committed and well-motivated staff
- a happy, well-behaved, confident and hardworking student body
- a supportive and active Governing Body, together with encouraging and involved parents
- significant opportunities for collaboration and development within the LSP.
Gordano School offers an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and benefits (offering discounts on shopping) and a cycle to work scheme.
We would encourage prospective candidates to visit our school prior to application. Arrangements can be made by contacting Lisa Harrison, Head teacher’s PA on 01275-842606 or by email. Full contact details can be located within the 'Apply Now' section; please log in or register to view.
Applications should be made to the Chair of Governors by formal letter of application (maximum 2,000 words) accompanied by a fully completed application form (please do not include a curriculum vitae) with details of all educational qualifications, including grades obtained.
Please address the following issues in your letter of application:
- Examples of your work which provide evidence of your leadership skills and that demonstrate how you would work effectively in this post;
- The values and philosophy which underpin your commitment to education.
Applications should be submitted, with covering letter and application form (please do not include a curriculum vitae), addressed to Prof Neil Willey, Chair of Governors by not later than 9am on Monday 31st January 2022.
Interviews will be on 7th and 8th February.
Lighthouse Schools Partnership supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all successful applicants.